Healthy, nutritious, simple, clean ingredients! With the kids always on the run with school and sports, it’s good to have healthy snack options on hand. I love Larabars and this make-at-home, no-cook option tastes just as good!
Grab it before getting on the bus for school, enjoy it as a before-sport snack or just when those hunger pangs strike.
Servings: 6 bars or smaller, 18 bite-sized squares
- I cup almonds
- 1.5 cups pitted dates
- Dash of salt
- Food processor
- 7×7 baking tray/pan
- Parchment paper to line the baking tray/pan
- If dates are very dry: Place dates into a heat-safe bowl. Pour a cup of hot water, allowing the dates to soak for 10-15 minutes to soften. Drain the liquid and reserve dates
- Use a food processor with an s-blade
- Add the nuts and pulse until the nuts break into very small pieces
- Add the dates and the salt
- Pulse until a thick paste forms, scraping the sides, if required
- Remove the mixture from the processor
- To shape the bars, press mixture into the baking tray
- Place the tray in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Remove from refrigerator, cut into 6 bars, cover and store for when those hunger pangs hit!