A refreshing salad that is healthy and big on taste – perfect as a side salad or grab a bigger portion for a complete meal. This invigorating salad has a zesty taste with a capers, lemon and jalapeno dressing.
Servings: 2 Time: 20 minutes including 10 minutes resting time
- 1 15 ounce can chick peas, rinsed
- 1 pound Persian cucumbers
- 2 medium tomatoes or 16 oz grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, for serving
- 2/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced finely
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1.5 tbsp capers, drained and chopped alternatively 1.5 tbsp finely chopped dill pickles
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil and honey together. Add in capers, oregano, salt and pepper. Whisk well to combine.
- Dice the cucumbers and add to the bowl along with tomatoes, onions, jalapeno and parsley. Toss all the ingredients and let sit for 10 minutes, at least before serving.
- Top with feta cheese before serving.