Served with love
Recipes passed down through generations.
We often associate a recipe with a memory – of a special meal, with someone, of a special occasion. These are recipes that bring back special memories for us and for our families – Recipes that have been handed down from grandmothers, mothers, aunts and even from dads. And recipes that we’ve learnt and honed as we’ve incorporated more global favors to suit a fast-paced life. We hope you create some wonderful memories of your own as you try out these recipes.
Our Favorite Recipes
- Chocolate Oatmeal energy ballsClean, simple, healthy snack for when you’re on the go.
- Pea Pulav (Basmati Rice)Light, tender, fluffy, Basmati rice flavored with spices, carrots and peas.
- Chai (Tea)Get moving in the morning with Chai (Tea).
- Chocolate Smoothie (Oats, Blueberries, Banana)Healthy, filling, satisfying start to the day! No time for a sit-down breakfast but want something that’s healthy and keeps you satiated for a few hours? This perfect combination of oats, blueberries, bananas and chocolate along with some flaxseed is … Read More
- Peach oatmealPeach oatmeal for a delicious start to the day
- Mango Pineapple chia seed puddingThis easy make-ahead recipe is a clean, dairy-free, filling breakfast. Chia seeds are considered a superfood because they pack a nutritional punch with very few calories. So, go-ahead and make this for breakfast, or a mid-morning snack, or even a … Read More
- Apple-pie oatmealOatmeal – one of the best choices for breakfast! It is supposed to help with weight loss, manage your cholesterol, reduce the risk of heart disease, and lower blood sugar levels. Combine that with apples and cinnamon, and you’ve got … Read More
- Kulfi – A rich, Indian ice-creamNothing entices kids more than the sound of the ice-cream truck on a hot summer day. In India, that sound was the ringing of a bell, as the kulfi cart came rolling down the street. At that time, for 10 … Read More
- Very Berry Chocolate SmoothieAlmonds + Berries + Chocolate = Loads of Antioxidants! And kids just love any chocolate drink. So, motivate yourself and the kids to get moving and then come back for this delicious smoothie. Now I do use Orgain’s protein powder. … Read More
- Cinnamon Cake BitesA quick and easy dessert for a weekday or a nice breakfast option with coffee! While nothing beats baking a cake from scratch, unfortunately, lack of time on a week day calls for improvisation. It’s always nice to have the … Read More
- Apple Pie SmoothieApple pie, anyone?? How about apples and cinnamon for breakfast? This smoothie is a rif on a smoothie I came across in Mens Health magazine. We loved the flavor of sesame seeds, this one incorporates. A delicious, protein-filled smoothie that’s … Read More
- Acai-Blueberry BowlAcai berry bowls continue to be the Instagram rage and I just had to check it out when I saw a Acai Puree packet at Trader Joe’s. The acai (ah-sigh-EE) berry is a grapelike fruit harvested from acai palm trees, … Read More
- Hakka NoodlesEver so often I crave Indo-Chinese food. More often than not, after a late night at work, my friends and I would grab Indian-style Chinese food from one of the street hawkers. Hakka noodles, Gobi (Cauliflower), Schezwan fried rice and … Read More
- Peanut Butter – Dragon Fruit SmoothieThe Pretty-in-Pink Smoothie gets it’s vibrant color from Dragon Fruit. This tropical fruit has a subtle sweet flavor that can be described as a cross between a pear, kiwi and watermelon. It’s rich in anti-oxidants, high in fiber and could … Read More
- Goan Beef Curry (Ninja Foodi / Stove Top / Pressure Cooker)Every Sunday morning after 6:30am mass, we’d go to see Nana and Papa (my maternal grandparents) who lived close to the church. The best part was the breakfast that followed – hot parathas, sunny-side up eggs, with beef “sidish” (i.e. … Read More
- Almond Date BarsHealthy, nutritious, simple, clean ingredients! With the kids always on the run with school and sports, it’s good to have healthy snack options on hand. I love Larabars and this make-at-home, no-cook option tastes just as good! Grab it before … Read More
- cilantro lime riceThe best rice ever for a Mexican meal. Easy and quick to make, you’ll be saying good-bye to Chipotle with this rice. I’ve made this with brown and white rice, and the kids just love it! Perfect with Mexican food. … Read More
- SANTA FE Chicken (crock pot/ Ninja Foodi/ Instant pot)At the end of a busy work day, I am usually too drained to cook a meal. Given that we try to eat low sodium, healthy meals, I’m constantly trying to figure out meals that are quick and easy to … Read More
- Apple Cinnamon pancakesPancakes are a kid breakfast favorite. But given how much the kids love it, adding in fruits and limiting the sugary syrup make for a healthy breakfast option. I couldn’t get my pancakes fluffy until I realized it was the … Read More
- HummusWhen Nilesh thinks of Hummus, it takes him back to his childhood in Dahran where his dad whipped up bowls of hummus that were wiped clean at parties. Even when his parents visit, we leave it to his dad to … Read More
- Pork CarnitasWho doesn’t love Mexican food? Make a big batch of pork carnitas and I can freeze some for when we’re in a hurry. I’ll use the rest in a burrito bowl, or tacos or even in a sandwich. A hot … Read More
- MeatLoafAlmost every summer growing up, we took the train to visit my grandparents in Goa. Often, that trip was made along with other family friends or relatives. The best part of the almost 3-day journey, was the food. Chutney sandwiches, … Read More
- Pesto cavatappi (noodles & Company copycat)We happened to stop at Noodles & Company for lunch with friends and Sophia ordered Pesto Cavatappi. She loved it so much, that we had to try and replicate it at home. We’ve made this recipe without meat, with chicken … Read More
- Beetroot cutlets (Tikkis)When my dad mentioned he tried to eat beets daily, I googled the health benefits and found there is an impressive amount of goodness packed into that little vegetable. They are low in calories and a great source of fiber, … Read More