Sweet, sour, spicy come together for a delicious flavor profile in this Korean Ground Turkey recipe. This dish has become a comfort food for the kids. Combine it with a bowl of steaming Jasmine rice, a side of broccoli, carrot sticks and edamame beans and viola, a perfectly healthy, flavorful meal at your fingertips.
This is a perfect weeknight dinner as it is ready under 15 minutes. This recipe is often made with beef but I substitute turkey or chicken for a lean option.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or any lean ground meat
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp siracha sauce (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp dry red chili flakes
- 3 large cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped fine
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp roasted white sesame seeds for garnish
- 1/4 cup finely sliced green onions for garnish
1. In a frying pan, heat the oil. When hot, add in the red chili flakes, ginger and garlic. Stir fry on medium heat for a minute
2. Add in the ground meat, frying it well, breaking the meat into crumbles over medium heat, until it is no longer pink
3. Add in the soya sauce, brown sugar and Sriracha, mixing it well, until it is well combined. Let it simmer for 2 minutes
4. Serve on a bed of hot rice, garnished with the sesame seeds and green onions. Add a side of vegetables like sweet pepper strips, cucumber slices, steamed edamame beans, broccoli, green beans or carrot sticks