This watermelon salad is the perfect way to cool yourself on a hot summer day. The combination of watermelon, feta cheese, mint and lime juice looks lovely on the table or at a BBQ cookout.
Serving Size: 6
- 6 cups cubed, seedless watermelon
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 red onion, cut into fine long slices (optional)
- Cut rind from the watermelon, then chop the fruit into 1 inch chunks.
- Place chunks into a salad bowl
- In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, salt and black pepper. Pour over the watermelon cubes
- Combine the mint leaves, feta cheese and onion (if using) with the watermelon
- Refrigerate for an hour and serve