Overnight oats are delicious, easy to make and not just a perfect way to start the day but also very healthy! Mix, soak, enjoy!! And if you really don’t like them cold, just pop them into your microwave and heat in 30 second increments until the desired temperature is reached and enjoy!
Chopped apples, cinnamon, maple syrup! What’s not to enjoy!!
Prep time : 8 hours including overnight time
Serving size: 2
- 1 cup unsweetened milk, I prefer unsweetened almond but any milk will do
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or plant-based for a vegan recipe)
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (or gluten-free oats)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey or sweetener like stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- Pinch of sea salt
- Big pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 a small apple, diced
- Toppings like nuts, granola, berries, diced apple and banana
- Mix all the ingredients, except for the toppings in a large glass container and stir until combined
- Cover the container and refrigerate overnight (or atleast 2 hours).
- Before serving, give it a stir and add a little more milk, if desired for a thinner consistency. Add toppings and serve!
Enjoy! Make a bigger batch and it can stay in the fridge for up to 5 days
Try out some other overnight recipes here: