Healthy snacks for kids can be very hard to find. Luckily, we found this recipe that is like no other. Anyone can make this recipe and it’s a fun family activity!
- Rice paper
- A flat dish
For Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- A splash of cold water
To begin, take out your flat dish. It should be large enough to fit a sheet of rice paper in it. Then, fill it up with a little bit of water, just the right amount to fully submerge your rice paper into. Lastly, cut up your fruit into little matchsticks. I would recommend using at least 4-7 fruits. (mango, kiwi, strawberry, melon,apple etc.) Make sure you have a lot of little slices. Now we’re ready to begin.
Making the rolls:
- Take one sheet of rice paper. Dip it in the water, and lightly press down until you feel the paper go soft. Let it drip for a couple of seconds before laying it down on a plate. Let it sit there for 10 seconds.
- Take a couple slices of one fruit and lay it down on the rice paper.Make sure it isn’t too close to the edge.
- Take a couple slices from another fruit and lay it down on top of the the other fruit.
- Continue the last two steps with different fruit. Make sure your rolls aren’t overly stuffed. Be creative!
- When you feel you’ve added enough fruit, use your wet rice paper to wrap up the fruit,like a burrito.
- Keep repeating this entire process until you have many fruit rolls!
Making the dipping sauce:
- Take your honey and put it in a small bowl. Mix around a bit.
- Cut your lime in half. Squeeze both into the honey. Mix some more.
- Finally add a small splash of water to make it more ofa sauce.Mix.
When you’ve finished, enjoy! This recipe is a good way to use fruit that’s just laying around,and it’s also a fun and healthy treat!