Thick slices to have on their own or with a cup of tea. Chock-full of antioxidant rich blueberries, potassium laden bananas, this yogurt-moistened, blueberry banana bread recipe is a keeper.
- 2 cups all purpose flour + 1 tablespoon to coat the blueberries
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (can substitute frozen although bread will be streaked blue)
- Butter or cooking spray to grease 9*5 loaf pan
Pre-heat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
Grease the loaf pan with butter or cooking spray and set aside.
Wash and pace the blueberries in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of flour and toss to coat.
In a mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, yogurt, vanilla, and add the mashed banana to it. Mix the banana in well.
Slowly add in the try ingredients, mixing till it is all moist. Slowly blend in the blueberries.
Gently drop the mix to the greased loaf pan.
Place in the oven and bake for 45-60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool the bread for 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack; remove the bread from pan.
Cool completely on wire rack before cutting.