Acai berry bowls continue to be the Instagram rage and I just had to check it out when I saw a Acai Puree packet at Trader Joe’s. The acai (ah-sigh-EE) berry is a grapelike fruit harvested from acai palm trees, which are native to the rainforests of South America. Like other berries, acai berries contain antioxidants and fiber. Widely touted as a super fruit, it’s a very healthy way to start your day or even have as a mid-day snack.
- 1 packet Trader Joe’s Unsweetened Organic Acai Puree – 3.52 oz packet
- 3/4 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1 medium Banana (keep aside a couple of slices for topping)
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Honey or 2 Medjool dates (or more, depending on sweetness desired)
- In a blender (I use a Vitamix), add the unsweetened almond milk, acai puree, blueberries, protein powder, chia seeds, honey/dates and Greek yogurt.
- Blend until smooth (adjust almond milk and honey/dates, if needed)
- Scrape mixture into bowl
- Top with remaining banana slides
- Grab a spoon and dig in