This Chorizo Burrito Bowl while packed with Mexican flavors, is a healthier than any version you’ll get in a restaurant but still just as delicious! Not only is it healthy, it’s a quick, delicious meal. Home-made chorizo takes center-stage on a bed of Cilantro Lime Rice along with tomato salsa, corn, black beans, lettuce, and so creamy guacamole. Pack it for lunch or get a quick dinner on the table, it’s a guaranteed favorite.
- 1 cup – Lettuce, shredded
- 1 tbsp – lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup – Cooked Chorizo
- 1 cup – Cooked Black Beans (see linked recipe for home cooked black beans or use canned – just rinse before using)
- 2 cups – Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1/4 cup – Queso Fresco cheese (I avoid it to keep it healthier, but use it for the kids)
- 1/4 cup – Greek yogurt (replacing sour cream with yogurt makes it healthy while providing the same, delicious, creamy flavor
- 1/4 cup – Pico de Gallo
- 1/4 cup – Corn Salsa
- 1/4 cup – Guacamole
In a rush: You can make it easier by using store bought chorizo (I have used V&V Supremo brand when in a pinch), and canned black beans – just rinse it out before using.
- In a bowl, combine cabbage, lime juice, and salt . Combine and refrigerate until needed
- To serve:
- Layer each serving bowl with half a cup of the Cilantro Lime rice. Top rice with black beans, Chorizo, lettuce, cheese, yogurt, pico de gallo, corn salsa and guacamole, spreading it evenly across the bowls.
- If using store-bought chorizo, it will need to be cooked
- Heat a pan and add 1 tbsp of oil
- When oil is hot, add 1/2 a chopped onion. Fry onion for 2-3 minutes and then add chorizo.
- Sauté for 7-8 minutes on a medium flame, stirring and breaking the meat up with the spatula, until it is fully cooked through and meat turns from bright red to reddish-brown
One thought on “Healthy Chorizo Burrito Bowl”
Pingback: Black Beans | Memories of Home