This Father’s day turned out to be an unusually special one. My dad is visiting from India (the first time we have him here for Father’s day), my mum’s cousin Fr. Allan is visiting and of course, Nilesh. Three fathers in the house – we had to make something special! But after toiling over several dishes for lunch, I wanted a chocolate dessert that would make Nilesh’s day but would also be special and yet, easy.
That’s where this easy, no bake chocolate cheesecake comes in. I didn’t have the ingredients for a pie crust and even without that, everyone said this was finger licking good! And the orange liqueur with a dusting of shaved dark orange chocolate – ooh, heaven!!
Try it – this will be the highlight of every dinner party, and celebration.
Prep time: 10 minutes Chill time: 3 hours
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I use Kirklands)
- 11 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Optional but it definitely elevates the flavor- 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier Orange & Cognac liqueur and 1/4 cup shaved dark orange chocolate
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave for 45 seconds and then continue hearing in 10 second increments, stirring until chips are melted
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, sugar on medium speed with mixer. Gradually add melted chips, until blended
- Fold in whipped topping, until blended
- If using liqueur, pour in and blend
- Spoon into a pie bowl or if using a prepared crust, spoon into crust
- Refrigerate until firm
- Garnish with shaved dark orange chocolate and whipped topping