To soak or not to soak? The kids want to take burritos to school and I don’t have time to soak beans. Sure I can make it without beans but beans add a lot more protein and nutrition. What to do? A no-soak option gives me delicious, smoky beans within an hour.
The options below include the method if you did soak your beans overnight.
- 1 cup dry black beans
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp crushed chipotle pepper with sauce
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro, for garnish
- Optional garnish: red onions, avocado
- Wash the beans and remove any debris
- Put beans and 2 cups water in a pressure cooker-safe container and pressure cook on high for 30 mins and slow release for 15 minutes
- If you did soak your beans for atleast 6 hours, pressure cook beans for 15 minutes
- Garnish with cilantro